What do you look for in Code reviews? June 23, 2005Posted by javafoo in java interview, javanotes.
We do a lot of this unconsciously during code reviews, but when asked we turn a blank face.
- First the usual suspects, is the code doing what is functionally required, business logic, especially if the team member is new
- See that there are no hard-codes, standards are being followed.
- Is there chance to make something configurable, like lookups. See that these are being read from properties files or the database, that way any new additions don’t need a code release.
- Are connections, jndi lookups being cached.
- Code re-use, both classes and methods.
- Performance considerations, StringBuffer vs String and so on.