EJB in two minutes: a refresher June 23, 2005Posted by javafoo in ejb, javanotes.
- More detail here
- You have your EJB server, container, EJBs and clients.
- Entity Beans (think persistence), Session Beans (stateful/stateless), Mesage Driven Beans (needs no interface)
- Home Interface: provides methods for locating, creating, and removing instances of EJB classes, home object is implementation
- Remote Interface: is the client facing interface, it has all the business methods.
- Enterprise Java Bean: Is in the container result of deploying home and remote interface.
- Create home interface by extending EJBHome
- Create Remote interface by extending EJBObject
- Define primary key object.
- Create your Entity Bean implementing EntityBean
- Locate home object, create or find remote object from home object, apply business methods on remote object